AuthorMessage
king_dexta

PostSubject: Left 4 Dead   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Dam this game looks fun :/ .. bloody 360 n pc only Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm

i have heard that it is going to be released on the PS3 in november so fingers crossed

i would say the only bad thing is only 8 players online so it wont be one for the clan but i'm geting it

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 am

the commentator guy said its 4 o_O or is that only mission?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:58 pm

short answer
single -player 4 players friends or AI controled bots plus online co-op
online is 4 humans and 4 powerful Infected with unique abilities

long answer below loads of info from gameplay to online

Gameplay

Left 4 Dead is played in first person perspective, with full visualization of the player character's body.
Up to four players take control of the four main characters of the game, called "The Survivors"- Survivors can also be AI-controlled bots.
They play through the levels fighting off the Infected, which are humans who have been infected with a mutated form of rabies the game is focused on cooperation and team play.
Colored outlines that are visible through walls help players stick together and coordinate their movement but Survivors can be knocked down by the Infected and can only get up again with the help of a friend and Certain special attacks also require assistance to get out of.
Survivors can share health packs and help each other heal but keep in mind Left 4 Dead has full friendly fire that can't be switched off, but the damage caused is less for already injured Survivors.

The Survivors communicate by automated voice commands that are accessed by quick menus. They will also sound off automatically when doing such things as reloading or spotting Infected. Over 1000 unique lines have been recorded for each Survivor.

scenarios

The game is experienced through four scenarios that take place in various urban and rural locales, such as a hospital, an airport and a murky countryside.
Each scenario is divided into several shorter sections marked by safe-house checkpoints, where players can heal, re-arm, calm their nerves, save their progress and have killed players returned.
The levels are neither linear nor completely open-ended or free-roaming, There are a number of alternate routes to follow with more supplies and alternate objectives.
At the end of each scenario, the players must defend a position from an onslaught of Infected until rescue arrives Each scenario lasts between 45 and 75 minutes

difficulty

The AI of Left 4 Dead features a dynamic system for game dramatics, pacing, and difficulty called the "Director".
Instead of set spawn points for enemies, the Director will spawn enemies in varying positions and numbers based upon each player's current situation, status and location, thus creating a new experience each time it is played.
It will also balance action and moments of tense calm.
The players' progress, skill and status is used to create balanced and rewarding resistance for players of various skills.

In the deathmatch "Versus" mode, four additional players can take control of powerful Infected with unique abilities, amongst the other AI-controlled Infected.
The playable Infected numbers are limited so players must select their preferred Infected and wait for it to spawn, with the Tank as the exception — it's only playable a few times during each scenario.
The Infected have the ability to see survivors through the walls at a certain range if the survivors are running, with the flashlight on, or talking.
The Infected can also see in the dark, unlike the Survivors.
Infected spawn ahead of the Survivors and can, if they stay still, see a marker for their likely path of advance so they can set up ambushes.
Throughout levels, Infected-only ways up buildings are marked with symbolsand These can be climbed and used for ambushes, especially with the Infected immunity to falling damage.

Award system

Left 4 Dead will include Steam's achievement system, recording players' accomplishments and mishaps.
Survivor players receive merits for accomplishments such as completing a scenario without using any health packs or helping a fellow injured Survivor but get Demerits for mishaps such as shooting a teammate or walking into friendly fire.

The Infected receive merits for accomplishments such as killing or wounding a survivor, combined attacks on Survivors, or causing a swarm of AI-controlled Infected to kill a survivor and Demerits received for mishaps such as harming a teammate, avoiding the survivors for a certain period of time, or purposely helping the survivors.

The Survivors

There are four playable human characters in the game Each player is randomly assigned a character when they join the server and each character has the same abilities and may use the same weapons.

Louis is a business man in a shirt and tie

Francis is a tattoo-covered biker

Zoey is a young woman modeled from Alésia Glidewell, the person from which Chell from Valve's Portal was modeled

Bill is an old Vietnam veteran

Survivors weapons

Survivors are armed with various firearms divided into two tiers.
The first tier is available to everyone when the scenario starts, and players can select between a pump-action shotgun and the Uzi.

Weapons in the second tier can be found throughout the maps and at the end of the scenario, just before the final fight.

Second tier weapons are the M4 Carbine, a scoped Ruger Mini-14 semi-automatic rifle and the Benelli M4 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun and In addition to these main weapons, Survivors also can carry a Molotov cocktail or a pipe bomb, as well as one or two handguns as backup and are the only weapon that can be used when they are knocked down by the Infected.

All weapons and any other item the survivor holds can be used to make a close range melee attack This attack can push targets back to make space, beat Infected off fellow survivors or to gain time to reload A one hit kill can be performed by a bash if the infected is unaware of the attacking Survivor.
In addition to these weapons, machine guns can be found mounted in defensible positions in some areas of the game.

The Infected

The Infected are Left 4 Dead's foe of the Survivors, and they are partly inspired by the infected from the 2002 film 28 Days Later.
The Infected, as opposed to the slow, shuffling types associated with Night of the Living Dead or Half-Life, are fast and agile, creating quite a formidable foe but They will however go down with a well-placed gunshot, meaning they can be dealt with easily on their own, but in great numbers are difficult to handle.
In addition, there are five mutated Infected who have their own special mutant abilities and are more powerful than the regular Infected.

The Boomer is a hugely obese Infected that can projectile vomit at The Survivors, blinding them and attracting swarms of nearby Infected to them plus Boomers blow up when they die, spraying nearby Survivors with blood that also attracts the Infected.

The Hunter is an agile Infected who can climb walls and jump over rooftops, similar to 28 Days Later Infected and Half-Life 2's Fast Zombie when Crouching for some time gives the Hunter access to a powerful pounce attack that pins a Survivor down until the Hunter is knocked off.

The Smoker has a long, whip-like tongue that can strangle Survivors and drag them away from their team mates, similar to Half-Life's Barnacle, or Resident Evil's Licker and When in danger, it can leave a haze of black smoke, distorting the Survivors' vision.

The Tank, a huge, muscular but noisy Infected, is capable of throwing large items - such as cars - or blocks of concrete and The Tank can take a large amount of damage before dying, but when played by a human player it must keep on the move not to become vulnerable.

The Witch is the only mutant Infected that cannot be played by human players and does not appear in the game's easiest difficulty mode They are normally passive and can be avoided by careful players, but flashlight beams, physical contact, and gunfire in their vicinity rouses them Witches can strike a Survivor down in one hit and can take a large amount of damage.

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmGiTzCuF

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Yeah.. PS3 has caught the eye of valve so Left 4 dead could be coming to PS3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gorehound

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:22 pm

and i'm gonna get it..PSN download please as I hate to deal with clueless morons who work in game shops....grumble...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:49 am

looks like we got a team ready Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:27 am

Left 4 Dead coming to PS3, ported by EA
231 The OPM, Official Playstation Magazine, has today revealed in its latest issue that Left 4 Dead will indeed be coming to Playstation3. It will be ported, once again, by EA. Quote:

"Valve's survival horror game Left 4 Dead is coming to PS3, but EA will be taking on development duties in-house."

The Orange Box PS3 has been one catastrophic port. For these past 8 months, PS3 gamers have repeatedly expressed their disgust and anger towards both EA and VALVE, asking for a fix. Even a petition started by Mike Seedon was published on this website: http://orangeboxpetition.com/

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/NewsCom-178534.aspx?CT=1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Typhyn

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 am

king_dexta wrote:
Left 4 Dead coming to PS3, ported by EA
231 The OPM, Official Playstation Magazine, has today revealed in its latest issue that Left 4 Dead will indeed be coming to Playstation3. It will be ported, once again, by EA. Quote:

"Valve's survival horror game Left 4 Dead is coming to PS3, but EA will be taking on development duties in-house."

The Orange Box PS3 has been one catastrophic port. For these past 8 months, PS3 gamers have repeatedly expressed their disgust and anger towards both EA and VALVE, asking for a fix. Even a petition started by Mike Seedon was published on this website: http://orangeboxpetition.com/

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/NewsCom-178534.aspx?CT=1

I can't say I've played the Orange Box on 360 or PC but I found it fine. Half life 2, episode 1 and 2, Portal. All of which worked fine for me, it was only TF2 I had trouble with.

Maybe if I played the other games I'd be "enlightened" as to why the other formats versions are so much better. But to be honest I don't care. And, unless you are going to get it on multiple formats, I don't think anyone else should either. I'm not saying they should make crappy ports on purpose but that the problems are barely noticeable if you don't have anything to compare it to. Orange Box PS3 is a brilliant game and I'd happily recommend it to people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 am

just like it it cause it looks like a fun multi player lol.. anyways it looks like its going to be another bioshock case.. we (ps3) are probably going to get this game next year some time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: rumor mill   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:40 pm

well it seems the rumor mill is in prodution again over this game coming to the PS3

Valve in a round about way have always said that making games for the PS3 would not be wise as it was just a gimmick and a flash in the pan that would not have a big user base community it would just be a waste of time,money and effort were proved wrong when EA took Valve's orange box and brought it to the PS3 it sold a shed load of copys putting a spanner in the words of Valve not wanting to lose face they still insisted on the same comment in the lead up to the release of left for dead

well that time is here again and EA has stepped up once again to see if they can bring this over to the PS3 if so and the game does well which i'm sure it will Valve might have to step back and take a new look at what the PS3 and it's users have to offer a few other game companys have already noticed this and have begun making changes with the release of mass effect 2 and dead rising 2 making there way to the PS3 it looks like sony is starting to make an impression let's hope this will carry on in the future

We're sure to know either way by June 5 according to HMV, that's when the Zombocalypse sim is coming to Sony's big black box

fingers,toes,legs and arms crossed

but this is still all rumor and any company can start taking pre-orders for a game does not means it's coming out but i'm still hoping

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 pm

i got it on pc anyways... bored of it lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead   

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: New games to look out for...-
Jump to: