HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donkeykong1000

PostSubject: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 am

yes another red faction but this looks amazing, i reckon this is going 2 piss over all Cods I promise not sure about online though it has online but if its anything like the main game,this could be better that kz2 but i dout it........... but look at these vids
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14235419/vids_1.html

not sure if these work if they dont go 2 IGN for more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:25 am

don't know about this played the first on the pc but this one from the vids i saw awhile ago don't look as good, will check out some newer game play to see if has got any better and smoother looking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Played the first two. To be honest the only thing special about RF back then was the land deformation, it's lost that now because every game on PS3 is able to do it now. If it matched the same feeling of removing a bridge with a few well placed charges then i'd be interested. It might be an arcade antidote to OF2.

Hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 pm

i palyed and enjoyed the first one

Gr8gam3r wrote:
To be honest the only thing special about RF back then was the land deformation, it's lost that now

true one of the only reasons i played now it might just feel like another generic shooter that might be worth the rent who knows will have to wait and see

and shouldn't this be in the gaming section

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Red Faction   Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

I know there is a topic somewhere else on this but I couldn't find it anywhere, anyway, as I said to coroner Red Faction will need to do something new because although when it did destructible environments which were amazing back then it seems that now there are many games allowing you to "blow shit up", Mercs 2, Bad Company etc. Well following the principles of evolve or die, Red Faction has chosen to evolve. Buildings stress realisticly and fall as such. So the engineers here amongst us (i'm one of them Smile ) will be able to bring down some structures with a few well placed C4 packets. There's a big oil facility over a volcano which is just begging to have a C4 strapped to one of the huge explosive tanks. Imagine this, you plant a C4 on half of the the pillars on a storey in a building, you go downstairs and blow the charges and the top half falls over and crushes a tank :O

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm

there you go i found this topic in Legionnaires Only and as you can see i said before i was a MOD it was in the wrong place so have moved it over here then merged your post in to it

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Cheers Coroner Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:23 pm

since it's been a while and there is a new dev video out i thought i would post that along with some others first off i'll post Story Trailer

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:25 pm

next up we have 4 videos showing the weapons by a guy called mack

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 pm

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 pm

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:27 pm

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 pm

this is part one of the Developer Diary i'll post part two when it comes out is someone else don't

still not sure about this game i'll at least giive it a rent but other then that we will have to see

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:02 pm

the DEMO is out now on the PSN and i just had a cheeky go on my bro's PS3 and i have to say i had a lot of fun more then i thought i would (or might just be because it's been the first thing i have played in 8 days now)

it has now got me thinking that as it was fun and might be too big to just hire i might buy it maybe not when it first comes out will have to see what else comes out around then and how much doe ray me i have but i think i might get it

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:15 pm

The graphics were nearly awful... nearly PS2 standards in my book, the floor textures looked flat and boring. They won't get better by the time of release but the saving factor of Red Faction is it's physics. Walking through a building in that walker and seeing a filing cabinet and people running away from their desks, on the second floor was great. I really think the revolutionary physics / damage in this are going to be it's saving grace, a bit like Mercs 2 but their physics / damage engine wasn't that revolutionary. I think this is one of those file under fun but not pretty games. I tried planting some little bombs on a building site, I put one on the outside and looked inside for something nice, supportive or explosive, but I got spotted and was stuck inside. What to do? There was only one door? Blow the wall with that charge! Yay. Only thing I don't like is that the cars knock walls over like paper mache. Did they run out of rocks or something on Mars? I thought they'd find it easily with the enemy AI constantly driving into boulders and the like... still makes them easier to kill...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:33 pm

i had fun with the demo didn't think i would like it but i was wrong. smashing the buildings was such a great laugh, think the demo should be unlimited time to give you a chance to have sum real fun, will play the full game if coroner gets it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chezzvegas

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Breaking things will provide endless fun!

This is a buyer IMO. And the main menu said something like Smash mode or rampage mode or something which im imagining is going through levels you've played already with no enemies and destroying everything you want Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 am

yeah chezz it seems like a mode that you can play online or with mates i think you each take turns to see how much damage you can do in a certain amount of time here is a little video below of it also there is a barrel dash where i think only the barrels you explode that cause damage count on the score

looks like you have sort of perks obtained by the pack on your back can be a jet pack or in this video looks like it has some sort of eathquake power but you have to let it build back up each time looks like a lot of fun

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 am

here is the Dev Diary part 2

with the singularity bomb and the nano gun your almost unstoppable

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:04 pm

here is a Preview

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:06 pm

For me 40 (especially as on play the xbox version is 35, WTF!?) is a bit steep. I might buy it, but not by release date. Judging by the demo I think it's great, but not brilliant. Smashing buildings was fun but there was a time in the demo when most of a building was poking over a cliff and it didn't topple in, shame it didn't because if it did it would have stopped my pursuers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Red Faction: Guerrilla getting multiplayer demo May 21   Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 pm

for those of you that enjoyed the singleplayer demo there is going to be a multiplayer demo coming as the tittle of this post suggests details below

The recent single-player demo for Red Faction: Guerrilla has been downloaded more than a million times already. Still, assuming you're tired of swinging sledgehammers in a vacuum, Volition and THQ will release a multiplayer demo over Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network on May 21.

The demo will highlight the game's "Damage Control" mode, as players work to build and rebuild key structures on a pair of included maps, using an assortment of nine weapons and five backpacks. 15 unlockable experience levels will also be included -- useful with Red Faction: Guerrilla set to ship on June 2

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Fri May 15, 2009 7:18 pm

This should be in games to look out for coroner

Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Good news though Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat May 16, 2009 12:51 pm

well actually it dosn't have to be you see it's a part of a game announcement nothing to do with anything new with the game which is why i placed it in legionnaires part of the forum this is for new GAMES to look out for so if you where going to put this in this section you should have done what i have now done and merged it in the right game to keep things clean

i feel if it's a new game it goes in this part and then any new info get's put with it previews,reviews,trailers...ect

i think if we started piling everything to do with games in this section it would get messy and stop just being new games to look out for
so if it's just a little announcement like new maps,modes or features for any game i think they should be announced in the legionnaires

i dont know why you singled this one out as by your theory they are a lot of other ones in there that fit the same bill and should be moved (please don't before you read the rest of the post)

maybe we should have a new section in here for these types of announcements in this section and call it just that - game and software announcements

where if a game is having double xp weekend or a new map pack is coming out or even if you want to play 24 hours straight on a game and want to tell people to see if they want to join you could announce it in there also any new firware features or app's coming out for the PS3 could also be announced in there

when you get the time DW that would be good i'll then spend a little time moving stuff over i'll also pm you in case you don't read this

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   Sat May 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Well I figured games that have not yet been released belong in here, announcements for pathes etc should be in legionnaires. I guess this is a strange situation because it's an update for a demo, sort of, and in my experience that's only ever happened twice, TimeShift and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.
If this game came with an invulnerbility cheat and you could go around blowing stuff up with hapless guards failing to kill you this'd be a buyer for me, but trophies have ruined this like loads of other stuff, IMO I'd rather have cheats that make a game more fun than trophies that turn it into a mundane collecting exercise of pictures. But that's just my opinion. All I can hope is a cheat system that disables trophies, like in GTA4 but I doubt that coming through, remember how long it took after trophies coming out for GTA4 to recieve them? AGES. There must have been some pretty major coding changes to block them because of cheats or they could have been busy with that xbox exclusive content.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla   

Back to top Go down

Red Faction: Guerrilla
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: New games to look out for...-
Jump to: