Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Just read a PSM3 feature on it, they talk about how difficulty works. As opposed to AI changes and the way the actual game works you get aids such as telling you the direction of enemy fire and crosshairs. I like this idea. I like it a lot. (and before coroner wethers this post should be grouped with the one above I justify not doing so with the significant time delay between posts showing this isn't just a little afterthought.)

Hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:45 pm

i would not group the two posts together in the first place as the first post is referring to somthing chezz said and the second is saying more about the game

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:22 pm

I know, I just like to justify everything lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

i know how lazy some people are to go and look for trailers but want to see what the game looks like as i am one of them and while looking for something else i found a shed loads so will post thwm over the next lot of posts so very good stuff here that if you were unsure should change your mind

Open World Modern Warfare Trailer

Lead your battle hardened Marine fireteam into action in a war without boundaries

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Ego Technology Demo

This award winning technology has allowed the Operation Flashpoint team to represent war on a scale never seen before.

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Tactical Interview

Brush up on your tactical skills in this open world war game

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm

i have a feeling this and the next will be tv trailers for the game

Grenade Trailer

You have .02 milliseconds to live

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Shot Fired Trailer

How real do you want it to be?

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Tank Fire

Feel the earth rumble when shells are fired from these armored beasts

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:34 pm

i have a feeling this will be the FMV at the start of the the game

Sheer Scale Cinematic

It will be a wasteland

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm

here is a new trailer giving an overview of one of the maps

some extra news i have found copy and pasted below

Codemasters' Operation Flashpoint not-a-sequel, Dragon Rising, was originally slated for Summer 2009. Judging by the newest trailer, released today, that dragon is proving harder to rouse than Codies previously estimated. At the end of the new "Skira Island" video -ABOVE- which, by the way, is unusually mellow until the blowin'-up-tanks part, a "Fall 2009" date is given.

For a (guess at a) more specific date, we looked to retailers. GameStop lists the game's release date as September 1, while Amazon lists September 30. We've inquired about an official date with Codemasters, but until then, we can guess that it's somewhere in the "September" area.

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Thu May 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Coroner, that is the only map, but 220 sq KM makes it a big map lol. Thanks for finding this vid, i've not seen it before Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 pm

that video was new today showed off a bit so thought i would post

i was not sure about that being the only map i had seen video of what looked like different maps now i know that it was just different parts of the same one Laughing

i keep on meaning to sit down and do a read up of this game but theres just so much too it and i think to myself near the time of release i'll check it out more but now it's been put back a bit it sucks but gives me more time but now my PS3 has died again i have some time

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Fri May 08, 2009 12:26 am

In the campaign modes you can go anywhere, although missions have a time limit of a few hours or so. But if , for example, the context was a marines retreat, and you went far south you'd find marines retreating that would just spawn there. Obviously the plan is to avoid large and unnecassary conflicts but it shows the detail of the game. I hope the reason they delayed it was to get the mission editor onto consoles

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Fri May 08, 2009 12:31 am

yeah let's hope so the mission editor would add a lot more vaule (as if it needs more Laughing)

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Fri May 08, 2009 7:57 am

I had some great ideas for missions:
1.) A PLA sniper and spotter are going to random towns and killing marines officers in each major settlement. The player is a marine and told where and when a sniper strikes. The movement of the PLA snipers is totally random and it is down to the player(s) to kill the snipers before they kill all the officers.
2.) A Marine is captured and starts in a PLA camp, at night. The player must escape the camp before dawn and safely get to his landing boat at the south side of the island within an hour, whilst avoiding PLA patrols, and then search parties that are released at dawn, meaning the quicker the player escapes the bigger the headstart they have.
3.) As a Marine you start off on Little Skira, the island just near South Pass. As a Marine you perform an amphibious assault into Skira bay against the PLA holding out in the airport.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Fear and Anticipation Trailer   Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Fear and Anticipation Trailer

made to make your mouth water

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 pm

wow..looks rly gd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:50 am

All the videos and stuff are at www.flashpointgame.com Smile
Seems to be shaping up nicely, could be a sleeper hit. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....   

Back to top Go down

OFP2 gets a little more hardcore....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: New games to look out for...-
Jump to: