Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

R.U.S.E check it out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shinigami

PostSubject: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:19 pm

i have watched the trailer loads of times, to this awsome up and coming rts game. i think many of you who are into rts will love the way this game has been thought out, you can zoom from a tabletop look all the way down to your units on the ground. check out the trailer for your self. you can build cardboard cut outs to setup ambushes use radio silence to camo your approaching units etc....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 pm

here is a link to the main site though there is not much there at the moment

http://ruse.us.ubi.com/#/about

also here is a couple of in game footage to see just how great this game is going to be. as for skirmish and multiplayer i am unsure but will keep you posted when i find out.

Last edited by shinigami on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm

sorry to post so many but it will only let me post one of these videos at a time one more to come

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

and finally the dev chatting about the game and gives you a feel of what fresh ideas they were trying to manage to bring to the game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm

looking forward to this cheers for the info

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:01 pm

tbh I prefer the look of World in Conflict Soviet Assault which is coming to PS3. Gotta love those Ruskies.

Hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 am

yeah that does look good but has the look of so many other RTS games this one is not trying anything new either but is mixing in a lot all in one game to bring something fresh to the genre with the look and gameplay

fresh does not always mean good so we'll have to see when they both come out

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

world in conflict was great on the pc have to see how it transfers to the console, cheers for the info on that mate.

this has a zoom factor though is not a new idea does zoom in more then any other game that gives a feel of depth and a new view to the whole control over the troops and the sense that planes are high not 2 inches from the ground like some olders games lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:20 pm

I reckon that new RTS's should give support for keyboard and mouse controls, Unreal Tournament 3 did it so it isn't an impossibility.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:02 pm

yeah i agree even if they went the way to cash in on it and you could only use their keyboard and mouse as long as it was reasonably price i think that would be good

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:33 am

Well I think that'd be too difficult but an official keyboard and mouse from them would be sweet. I just heard the game will use voice controls. So I'm going to learn to speak Russian, or at least try it with a really thick Ruskie accent Smile "Comrades, ATTACK!!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coroner

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:01 pm

i don't think it would be difficult for sony just a waste of time but if they were cash hungry like gates then i think they would

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Sony have allready said they won't release an official keyboard and mouse because they can't compete in price with those who allready make them. I got myself a black USB keyboard with silvery metal style trim so it goes with my PS3 and it was only 3. I also have a mouse that was 5, so I doubt Sony can compete with that but maybe the game manufacteurs themselves could make one. BTW, if anybody thinks that is good value for money you are way to late to get a keyboard for 3 yourselves, you should have gone to a closing woolworths and felt uncomfortable looking at all the sulky staff while virtually robbing them of goods they couldn't even be arsed to put a price on. Still, bloody worth it (pun) for a wired keyboard and in these times just wait for another company to become bust. Don't worry, it won't take long...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

brought mine from ebay, the keyboard is a laptop layout but like the one on ncis the keys can light up. incase i need to type in the dark lol.

as for the game if we are still talking about ruse then it shouldn't need a keyboard and mouse the controls look simple and controller friendly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Many RTS producers say it's hard to implement controller controls, I think they should still do their best with it but look at what a PS3 is, it's got quite a few processers, can output in HD and can install data to it's hard drive AND it accepts mouse and keyboard inputs. It's basically just a really powerful PC. It's certainly the most powerful PC in my house. I think voice command though, will also get better. I played the endwar demo and if you ignore the fact that it treats helicopter, infantry and tanks like one massive bloody game of rock, paper, scissors it is actually quite cool to say "Unit 1 attack hostile 2". I think we aren't going off topic on this because controls are the most vital in an RTS, You can't have your units getting slaughtered when you want to get them away and sometimes I've barked "Unit 2 retreat" and they don't understand. Also, if you use voice command they allways go to a position directly. They really need to have AI that understands commands such as flank and do not engage enemy...
I once played an RTS game (can't remember what it was) and managed to get an enginneer team behind enemy lines and have them plant minefields all around the two main bridges. My tanks started to give the infantry a good talking too and they and their tanks begun to retreat, into the minefields Smile Then it was just a simple matter of the enginners popping up and finishing off surviviors. Awsomeness Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

company of heroes? or something like that mate, first one had a level with 2 bridges and you could planet minefields.
endwar takes some time to get used to, but i find numbers the most hardest for it to pick up.
i think if voice commands are used in more games then yes they will begin to work on better system to understand voices, everyone speaks differently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.U.S.E check it out   

Back to top Go down

R.U.S.E check it out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: New games to look out for...-
Jump to: