Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

New Rockstar North game - "Agent"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chezzvegas

PostSubject: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:17 am

Agent is a video game currently in development by Rockstar North for the Playstation 3. Sony announced that Rockstar were working on a new franchise for the PlayStation 3 in July 2007 but details of the project, including it's title, were not announced until June 2009 during the Sony press conference at E3. The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release.

The reason that R* decided to make it PS3 exclusive is one that may change PS3 exclusive games for ever, it is going to make full use of the PS3's awesome processors and graphics, and will apparently blow every other game out of the water compltely with graphics and gameplay.

Mix together Assasins Creed, The Bourne Trilogy (film), GTA4, "All The Presidents Men" (film), "Three Days Of The Condor" (film) and "The Conversation" (another film), and you start to get the idea of it.

R* North have said:

"We think this has the potential to be yet another great Rockstar North franchise title….It's the Houser Brothers and Rockstar North. It's the A team working on an AAA title. I think the subject matter, the characters, the story, the environment, the background--all the elements are there. It's such a rich environment to play in."

Speaking with GameSpot on the Electronic Entertainment Expo show floor, Feder explained the decision to develop the game solely for Sony's console. "The trade-offs a publisher will typically make is, if you're platform-agnostic, you get a larger installed base," he said. "You're platform exclusive when you get the right kind of support from first parties."

"Feder is also unfazed by the fact the PlayStation 3 is currently a distant third in the three way console race. According to Sony, the console has a worldwide installed base of 22 million units, compared to the Xbox 360's 30 million and the Wii's 50-plus million.

"I have a lot of confidence in Sony. I have a lot of confidence in their ability to lead the market, as they always have," declared Feder. "Their console is a terrific platform to be developing for, and Agent is a great testament as to our belief in what that platform can do, and what they can do with us as part of a partnership."

Fingers crossed that this game is as good as GTA4, or even better. I for one expect that as it is coming from the best of the best (R*N) that it will be awesome. Although very little informantion is actually available about it so far, I get the feeling it's going to be a gem.

- Oh, and I FINALLY managed to post info about a new game before Coroner did Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
coroner

PostSubject: Re: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:29 pm

thanks for the heads up chezz good it's not only me posting i have to give others a chance lol

keep us updated as the info comes out sounds good

DOOMED TO CONSUME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I like how there's ONE line of official info, Rockstar North are currently in development of an action game set during the cold war era, around the 1970s. The game has also been in development a fair while BEFORE GTA4s release so they've kept it quiet. That's what I love about Rockstar, enough hype to keep you interested but not enough to ruin the game. Not everybody was sure even who you played as until a few month before release. That's not like most games where you can find out EVERYTHING a few month before release...

Hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chezzvegas

PostSubject: Re: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:54 pm

I found out about a few new games after a very boring evening at my nanas last night! I got there at 4 and didn't leave till 8:40. Bearing in mind that she just cancelled her Sky subscription -_-.

So I went to onestop and bought good old Playstation Official Magazine - UK and had a good read.

I',m also pretty hyped for Brink, Assasins Creed 2, MAG and MW2 =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:59 pm

I think split second is better than brink and don't forget Flashpoint lol

Hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rockstar North game - "Agent"   

Back to top Go down

New Rockstar North game - "Agent"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: New games to look out for...-
Jump to: