Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer

Go down 
+2
Gr8gam3r
coroner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coroner

coroner

VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Empty
PostSubject: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:23 pm

this will be moved into the new game/software/firmware announcement section when it is put up

just saw this and thought wow sony love filling up my XMB with little tabs to stuff i don't want to look at but then thought at least it's free and could be cool if done right and updated regular but when they say see the music you want to see i'd have to be a mainstream fanboy for that to happen

i've copied and pasted the info from another site below

VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Vidzonexmb060509580

Remember VidZone? You probably don't, seeing as we haven't heard anything about the music video service for the PS3 since it was announced at the Leipzig Game Convention last year. It's not dead, though. The service is ready to go live this summer in the UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia.

VidZone will be a completely free, though ad-supported, way of watching music videos on demand. It will allow you to create playlists of streaming videos either from your PS3 itself or from your PSP via remote play. The service will feature "thousands of music videos and live concert videos, as well as behind the scenes, interviews and making of footage."

There's no word on how often the service will be updated, but we would hope that more content is added on a fairly regular basis. VidZone is Europe and Australia exclusive, with seemingly no plans to bring it to the US.

looking at the video in the link below i do remember it
Website with video

Last edited by coroner on Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Even funnier is the fact that the movie downloads for US players has been running for more than a year. I think i'd take some nice HD movie downloads playable on PS3 over some iTunes thing. Even funnier than that is the fact xbox has it's movie system sorted out. And even funnier than that is that Sony keep throwing all this software at us but where are the triple A killer games? All I can think of are COD4, GTA4 and Motorstorm. Even is you disagree with my selections you could probably count the number of PS3 games that truly amazed you on one hand.

That's not to say that this music service won't be good, but it's too little, too late.
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm

i did hear that altho the movie side of things is going strong and great in the states doing a opinion poll over here in europe said that was going to be a waste of time so they chose not to do it i do agree movies would be good but free music videos is good because it has the word free in it lol

i have to say yeah it has taken sony a long time to come up with some great games but i look at sony for new software and hardware updates and PSN tittles and at the third partys for the games

some say a console is only as good as it's catalog of games it might take a while but there are some strong contenders coming in the next year so let's hope
Back to top Go down
OmGiTzCuF

OmGiTzCuF

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Sweet cakes! I get to watch adult videos now even tho I did before... But this time it will be in Blu-ray!
Back to top Go down
shinigami

shinigami

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:17 am

i will have to get a japanese account, so i can watch music video's to the sort of music i like.
i think this is a good idea
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm

TBH I feel betrayed by sony. I don't see those A* games. I don't see much DLC because it's all on xbox and when I do see some it's generally shit, or a rip off, ubisoft have to be having a laugh with £7 for their DLC. I don't see those micro transactions we were promised (sorry sony but £3+ for some complete costume in home is a joke) and mentioning home the thing is a complete flop. You couldn't have a more sterile environment if you were living in a morgue (coroner will tell you cleanliness is crucial) and the place is alive as a bunch of dead people anyway. Virtual que for pool? Virtual pushing in? F*ck off sony. The only thing that could hold my interest in home would be:
1.) Personal bowling alley, pool table and all other minigames
2.) That virtual 3D trophy cabinet, I might be interested in the things if it wasn't just a nerd-a-thon menu comparing boredom fest.
3.) Removal of sex pests, and making you KEEP your gender, as opposed to being a Guy In Real Life.
But of course that won't happen. Because sony think that they know everything, they think everything is going just fine, well I've got news to tell them it isn't. Somebody tell them when they finally wake up to admit the PSP FAIL.
Basically i'm just going to build my own games PC. Got my eyes on some parts I like and I'm going to build a beast of a machine, by christmas... and after I gets a car... and pay some insurance on it... and hire one of those planes to write a message over Slough. A rude one.
Back to top Go down
chezzvegas

chezzvegas

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:23 pm

"THE INNNNNSUUUURAAAANNCCCCEEE" - some whining canadian byotch.

I get the feeling i can guess the message, roughly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
Donkeykong1000

Donkeykong1000

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:30 pm

i dont think many people could download movies etc any way, i get around 1.5 at my dads and 2.5 at my mums,
but all my m8s say thay get 10, but i went round and they only get 3, and my m8 who lives next to the maidenhead exchange only gets 2.5 which is wierd.

compared to japan, they can download a full HD 24d all surround sound full 2 1/2 movie in about 2mins 30secs on average, i can only imagine cod on that speed!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Yup, terrabyte internet in some areas of Japan. Some places in the UK only have dial up. And you know whats funny? We pay more.
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:52 pm

yep we live in Great (rip off) britain
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 pm

VidZone, Sony's Europe exclusive free streaming music service, is on the cusp of launching. The date has been set for June 11, mere hours away, and SCEE has announced that you'll be able to enjoy a huge amount of content on day one. More specifically, there will be three solid weeks of content available to stream on launch day. The press release also promises that there's "much, much more on the way."

While these 10,000 videos are exclusive to Europe, there's nothing stopping people in the US from downloading it from the PlayStation Store via their European -- er, friend's -- account. Whether or not Sony has put an IP region lock on the software itself is unknown. We'll find out for sure tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer   VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VidZone brings music videos to the PS3 this summer
Page 1 of 1