Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
coroner

coroner

'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel Empty
PostSubject: 'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel   'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:39 am

info copied and pasted below

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The voice-controlled RTS EndWar didn't garner the most media attention. But, with 1.5 million units sold, it certainly warrants a sequel. Ubisoft Shanghai is creating a follow-up using a "smaller team,"creative director Michael De Plater told VideoGamer.com. With EndWar's successful implementation of voice controls, the development team can focus on one of the most lacking aspects of the original: the presentation of the single-player campaign. "After the first one, now we have a really good understanding of what to do ... Giving more attention to the single-player is straightforward to address and will make the game a lot of fun."

While De Plater is quick to highlight faults being addressed for the sequel, he remains proud of his team's accomplishment with the first game. While still under the "Tom Clancy" moniker, he considers EndWar an original IP. Considering the challenges that surround launching a new IP, De Plater is more than happy with sales numbers. "We still sold more than Red Alert 3, sold more than Company of Heroes, sold more than World in Conflict. It's still, along with Halo Wars, the biggest new RTS in the last four or five years. Even with those faults it's still up there."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

i enjoyed the first game so i'm looking forward to this
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel   'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 pm

I only wish we could have World in Conflict with Endwar's voice technology. If whole game was less futuristic and more modern, I mean, why have all this futuristic guff when they are still using modern artillery, SAWs and helicopters?
Back to top Go down

'Smaller team' commanding EndWar sequel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Game Releases :: game/software/firmware announcements-
Jump to: