Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 'The Legion' PS3 Clan Forums

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coroner

coroner

Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Empty
PostSubject: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Mw2controller

above pic is just a mock up and the end product will probably end up looking nothing like it

one good thing is it isn't being manufactured by infinity Ward or activision so you know it wont cost the earth info copied and pasted below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinity Ward community guru Robert Bowling issued an interesting tweet this afternoon -- one that suggests the developer is consulting (with who we don't yet know) on a Modern Warfare 2 controller. Before you start envisioning a fully functioning M4 carbine to go with your night vision goggles, know that the pad surely sounds of the nothing-too-fancy variety. Specifically, we know it'll have analog thumbsticks, as Bowling asks followers of his Twitter feed whether they prefer concave (innie) or convex (outie) stick-tops.

We asked Bowling about the controller, and while he couldn't offer any solid details, he did confirm it "isn't being manufactured by [Infinity Ward] or [Activision]," and that the call for votes was meant to "get the opinions of the people who will actually be using it to help settle a debate." You can cast your vote by sending a tweet to @fourzerotwo. (We went with "concave.")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm

My god. First shite vision and now this...
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 pm

yeah i couldn't believe it either which is why i posted i don't think they will stop until total domination is achieved but with the cheap and shoddy crap they are trying to dominate with will fall apart as soon as you look at it and all this will hopefully be a distant memory
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:22 am

If the attitude from IW is that this shit is going to sell then I can see them quickly becoming the laughing stock of the developer community. I can almost guarantee that Modern Warfare will be dead by MW3 (or at least completly lose all the respect it once had) if they keep this sort of insanity up.
It may be just be me or aren't they supposed to me making a bloody game?
If they are seriously questionning the preference of bloody analog sticks? They should be asking themselves about the law suits ensuing after people blind themselves in the day with shite vision and get shot by a cop because they have an M4 in their hands.
I'm beginning to sound like a DW (read: old man Wink ) but what is the world coming to?
This is the sort of shit that means games can't be taken seriously by the mainstream. If you say to somebody, "oh, I'm a gamer" they probably look at you like a little kid. I'm sure the stigma is even stronger to the older gamers. Forget the fact that these games depict violence, or have genuinley great storylines or can be more artistic experiences. No, with stuff like this gamers will probably remain the stigma of either being toys for children, or, if you are an adult clearly you have social issues and are a lonley idiot who stands with a plastic gun in his hand and walks around the house wearing shite vision goggles pretending to be a spy.
If games could be taken as seriously as books or films (but didn't take the direction of most films) we'd be sorted.
Back to top Go down
chezzvegas

chezzvegas

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller What_The_Shit

why buy that crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: more info   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 pm

info copied and pasted below:

---------------------------------------------------------
Mad Catz detailz mice, controllers, 'Throat Communicator' for Modern Warfare 2

Knowing us, we're going to need some extra Modern Warfare 2 accessories when the game releases this November -- and no, the $150 collector's edition certainly isn't enough! Mad Catz is thankfully answering the call from those of us yearning for more ways to spend money on non-essential MW2 items (non-essentials being everything other than the game disc, of course), detailing today its previously announced accessories.

The damage ranges from $15 to $100 for 10 different items, such as custom controllers, mice, faceplates, and even something dubbed "skinz." We've been promised images of said items later in the week, so we'll just have to wonder what a "Throat Communicator" could possibly look like until then.

by Ben Gilbert
-------------------------------------------------------

now a throat communicator would be cool but it would depend on how well it worked and i'm guessing that as it's madcatz that is making it and their not known for their quality it might not work very well but who knows
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm

well i just like to say before you go and read the info and watch the video just how wrong i was in my first comments made in the posts above it is even worse then i first said it was they look even more cheesy,cheap and tacky and with no rumble for the PS3 controller and the Throat Communicator only available for the 360 they have lost any interest i had in this

info copied and pasted below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mad Catz Modern Warfare 2 peripherals caught on video

Instead of sharing images of its Modern Warfare 2 peripheral lineup with us yesterday, when they announced everything, Mad Catz has given IGN a "worldwide exclusive" video tour which (and maybe it's just us) isn't quite as effective at triggering our consumer gland as some good, ol' fashioned photos. Nevertheless, the highlight of the video lineup is, undoubtedly, the "Combat Controller" for both Xbox 360 and PS3. They each go for $50 (yeah, that's the approximate manufacturer's suggested price for the first-party controllers!) but that $50 doesn't quite get you a first-party experience.

As shown in the video, the Combat Controllers feature special finger buttons on the bottom of the gamepad and both mirror the general design of their first-party counterpart; however, the Xbox 360 version isn't wireless and the PS3 version lacks rumble. No, really. They also show some other accessories: the $30 "military inspired" Throat Communicator is perfect for snacking while gaming they tell us; the $25 Combat Gamepad for PCs is curiously not on par with the console counterparts; and the lineup of keyboards and mice seem like overkill to us.

by Christopher Grant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
king_dexta

king_dexta

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:29 pm

sucks 4 ps3.. no rumble n already got a headset...
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Ok, firstly, there is nothing "bespoke" about stickers with men shooting on them. Carbon fibre mouses with magnesium finishes, they are bespoke, not one covered in plastic.
I also lolzed when he said "we haven't just slapped a logo on" and we see an zbox controller with "MW2" being the only thing visible on it XD. PS3 controller has no rumble, so thats a no buy allready (if what looks like a pile of vomit on a controller floats your boat) and the "combat buttons". There's a very good reason why the official controllers don't have buttons on the back. Look at the small size of those buttons, then pick up a controlle and imagine trying to press them with some degree of accuracy. Unless I am just seeing the switches used to change the button you want it to mimick (you know, the one that's EASIER to press) in which case it's looks all too easy to pull out a knife when you wanted an LMG.
Oh, and snacking might seem like a good idea to the fat guy but he'll be muted in seconds. Oh, and its madcatz, so FAIL.
Back to top Go down
coroner

coroner

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:30 am

yeah the fat guy made me laugh when he said you don't have anything in front of your mouth so snacking is allowed well welcome to the PS3 bluetooth
and who eats while they play online obviously him and that's why he get's pwned as he cries into his fat crumb ladened hands
Back to top Go down
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Me and coroner are making fun of other fat people XD but it's ok because we are from teh internetz. And I don't snack while I play games either, except on n00bs (not to be read as "nobs") and the occasional DW sticker of approval sherbet lemon.
Back to top Go down
chezzvegas

chezzvegas

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm

what about mint imperials?

be sure to keep pelting them at rob now im gone yes gr8?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/chezzvegas
Gr8gam3r

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Of course I will chezz. Well done on turning this thread off topic btw :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller   Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infinity Ward helping design Modern Warfare 2 controller
Page 1 of 1